My twitter!

Twitter: @Aylashorrorblog or @ilikecake4723

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Movie vs. Miniseries


Lots of people have heard about the Shining, right? The famous book by Stephen King? Well, in 1980, the 'original' move had come into place. Although, the miniseries, made in 1997, had more of the book in the movie than Stanley Kubrick's version. So many more things happened in his version that weren't in the book. What one would win? The one closer to the book, of course. I thought Kubrick's edition was an AMAZING movie, but it has almost NONE of the book. Jack Nicholson did an amazing job, along with Shelly Duvall, and all of the other actors. They are both awesome, but I'd say that the original would have to lose.

3 comments:

  1. Steven King's "The Shining" was also amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is older, but I'll comment anyways. I've long been in the minority in regards to this issue. I really love the 1997 mini-series - I think it's nothing short of amazing. The 1980 film is okay, but I will admit, I do not love or admire it as many others seem to. It's a shame that the 1997 version doesn't get much credit, but it will always have at least some supporters.

    ReplyDelete